University of Southern California USC

PTTOW New York- My Experience – By Sean Navi PPD ’16

Posted on by Derek Robinson

I rarely write anything on Facebook, but thought this would be a great way to share my story and vision with as many people as I possibly can. After my time in New York and PTTOW‘s most recent event, I realized we all need to give back more than we currently are to the world we live and breath in. To everyone in my generation, us millennials, we are the key to making a better world for our generation, past generations, and future generations. A lot of us are truly blessed and lucky to have the comfortable lives we have, but rarely do we think and consider about how to help others in need.

As we grow and begin to solidify our future not only in the work force but as human beings, we should all find ways in developing a better world as a whole. Everyone is different, not everyone agrees with one another, and that is fine, we are human. But something we all have is a heart. Love. Love is a big word, what does love mean? It can mean many things, but to me it means going out of your way to help anyone may it be a friend or completely random individual. Our society today is so caught up in being superficial and wanting to be something we are not. Social media plays a massive role in our lives today and will continue to do so as time goes on. It can be used for good and for bad. And it is up to us, our generation, to use it properly to not only promote love and kindness but to also resemble an image for people younger than us so they understand what is good and bad. Listening and speaking to what Ian Somerhalderspoke about at PTTOW truly inspired me and reflected everything I stand for in life. Something he mentioned that really stuck with me is that the power our current generation has to make the world we live in a better place is a crucial factor and key for many years to come and to build on a society that respects and loves one another and to unite as a whole. I recently started a company called Development House and after my time at PTTOW, I figured out my calling card. I love helping others and always being there for people, so after every project is completed, a percentage of the revenue will be used specifically for redeveloping homes and apartments for families that need it most. I can’t predict the future and I can’t tell people what to do, but if I can say one thing to everyone reading this; please look deep into your heart and mind, find and figure out what your passion is in life and how to achieve it, and once you really figure that out, find ways to use that passion to help others. It is really up to us millennials to shape our future into one of love, kindness, and respect. I hope you all have a lovely day and best of luck to your future endeavors.

Blog - Sean

I would like to thank, PTTOW for everything they do and focusing on shaping the world into a better place for all, Ian Somerhalder for being a voice of inspiration and a leader in advocating a society that is there for each other, Christina Ramirez for believing in me and choosing me to be a part of her fabulous team, The University of Southern California & the entire team at the USC Sol Price School of Public Policy for helping me grow as an individual on and off campus, and everyone in the world who wants to make this world a better place.